Sign Up Your Paypal Account today

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Friday, June 8, 2007

My First Experience MRI











The last three weeks was terrible to me because I suffered a lot of backpain. It was very painful and to make matters worse I couldn't even straighten my back. The pain gets worse when I try to straighten my body. So, during the pain, I had to lie down a lot on the bed because it was the only way to reduce my backpain. Actually I had experienced this pain many times. If I'm not mistaken it started during the early 90s. However, this was the worst experience ever.
At first I thought it was only a muscle problem. I went to the clinic on the first day of the pain at about 8.00 p.m. The doctor gave an injection to reduce the pain and two packets of tablets. The pain remained. Then I went for massage treatment, but there was not much difference. Since I could not even stand up. I had to take 2 days leave.

I couldn't stand the pain anymore. At last I went to the hospital. The doctor there referred my case to the orthopedic surgeon. The orthopedic surgeon asked me several questions about my backpain. After that he sent me immediately for an MRI. I didn't know anything about it. Before entering the MRI room I read some information about MRI. Actually MRI is the short form of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. The purpose is the same as the X-ray. The X-ray scans our inside but the MRI is more advanced as it can scan more details of the body.

After had the MRI, all the questions of my pain were answered. I was shocked when the orthopedic surgeon told me that the three segments of my backcbone at the waist level has damaged. As he was pointing to the MRI film he said that between backbone segments there is a disc and now the disc is not in the centralised position. That is why whenever I try to stand straightly I feel the pain. Then, I asked him whether it can be back to normal after having the treatment. He said it will take long time to get it back to normal. He also advised me to keep my posture always in the straight position. I have to maintain the body posture to let the disc into the right position. He also arrange the appointment for me to get the physiotherapy treatment.

Eventhough my pain is serious but I am quite satisfied because I knew what is caused my backpain. I will follow the doctor's advise and the treatment as well and what make happy, it was a relief to know I still have chances live on.

No comments: